mandag, februar 21, 2005

Imām Abū Hanīfa: Afvisningen af dommerposten


Ar-Rabi' ibn Yunus har berettet:

I saw the Amir al-Mu'minin clash with Abu Hanifa over the qadiship. Abu Hanifa said, 'Fear Allah and do not give your trust except to the one who fears Allah. By Allah, I am safe from favouritism but how can I be safe from anger? If you threaten to drown me in the Euphrates unless I accept the appointment, I would prefer to be drowned. You have courtiers who need those who honour them for your sake. I am not fit for that.' Al-Mansur said to him, 'You lie, you are fit.' Abu Hanifa retorted, 'I have declared myself unfit so how can it be lawful for you to appoint someone who is a liar as qadi?' (Imām Muhammad Abū Zahra, The Four Imāms, side 152-153, eng. udg.)

Hvem i dag ville afvise en post som dommer, alene pga. Gudsfrygt og ydmyghed, på trods af at være blandt de største og mest anerkendte fuqahā (eksperter i islamisk lov) nogensinde?

Subhān Allāh, må Allāh være tilfreds med Imām Abū Hanīfa og give os bare en brøkdel af hans Gudfrygtighed og ydmyghed. Det er i forvejen hans store viden og visdom der har gjort vores dīn (religion) forståelig for os, og det er uanet hvor meget gavn han har gjort os. Må Allāh velsigne ham og belønne ham med det bedste. Āmīn.